Acupuncture is a key part of traditional Chinese medicine – a comprehensive medical system with a history of over 4000 years. It observes the body, mind and spirit holistically and believes that health comes from the smooth flow of vital energy Qi and balance within the 12 internal organs, the 5 elements and the 2 opposing forces of yin and yang.
Some of the conditions which have been shown to respond to acupuncture include:
- Allergies, hay fever, asthma
- Constipation, diarrhoea & IBS
- Depression, stress, anxiety, panic attacks
- Fatigue, ME, Chronic Fatigue
- Gastritis, stomach ulcer, indigestion
- Headaches and migraine
- High blood pressure
- Male and female infertility, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, recurrent miscarriage
- Menopause & perimenopause
- Pregnancy issues – morning sickness, pelvic pain, heartburn, breach, overdue labour
- Pain including back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, hip and knee pain
- Menstrual problems, PMS, amenorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea
- Stroke & facial palsy
- Tendonitis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, sports injuries
How often do I need to come?
Initially, you will need to come for weekly treatment, usually for 4 to 6 sessions, until your condition is either resolved or improvement really starts to take hold. The space between appointments is then increased until you either don’t need to come any more or come for health maintenance.
Amanda Proud Is a fully qualified and registered practitioner.
Amanda is a Traditional Acupuncturist and is a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC). Amanda treats all types of conditions with a special interest in treating Emotional disorders, stress and depression. Amanda is also currently training in peadiatric support. Appointments with Amanda are available on Fridays. For more information, please visit Amanda’s personal profile.
Contact Amanda 07429644270